Thursday, July 29, 2010

A break I don't want.

Hi All! I don't mean a break from my blogging although admittedly, that's happened too. It's been a very busy summer and I never seem to get around to blogging about it.

The break I am referring to is one with my running, and unfortunately, my Zumba classes. I think I have tendonitis in my ankle. I say "I think" because I didn't officially go to a doctor. I consulted a doctor, my BIL, over the phone. He's a gastroenterologist, not a sports medicine doctor or anything like that but he runs... and has ankles so I think he's qualified. ;) He helped me to figure out that I most likely do not have a stress fracture which was my first worry but he assured me that it would be MUCH more painful than it is and after discussing things with him, we decided I have tendonitis. He advised me to take a break from all "weight-bearing" activities for two weeks. TWO WEEKS WITH NO RUNNING? He also advised me that if I didn't, I might be taking off longer from everything... MUCH LONGER so I am listening to him. I am sticking to biking, (ugh.) elliptical, (boring.) and swimming (haven't done that yet.) I also took two days off in a row earlier this week. I get weighed today and have a feeling I will not be happy with the number on the scale. As much as I hate the saying, "it is what it is." I guess that's all I can say at this time.

The good news is that my ankle feels pretty good. I might do a Zumba class on Sunday. One. Class. Don't judge me. I promise I won't run and then I won't do another class until next weekend, that will be officially two weeks. If things don't feel a whole lot better at that time, I will actually go to a doctor.

Well, that's all from me for now, I have to teach a class this afternoon and then attend a class where I will get my (sure to be disappointing) weight and then I'll be teaching another class later this evening. Hope all is well with everyone out there. Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Oh no I hope your ankle heals up quickly. Hopefully, the scale won't be too nasty about your weight....lol.

I am still going strong with my weight loss and exercising. It is very exciting to be (already) fitting back into shorts and capris that I haven't worn in about 4 years!!!