Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Housewife!

So in this new house I'm beginning to feel more and more like the housewife I've always wanted to be. In our old house, I never felt able to accomplish anything. When I got things looking good (like for a house tour or something) it wasn't manageable...heck, it looked great for the moment but the house was so small with no storage that I couldn't sustain it. Look, here's some pictures:

 
Cute right? I think so if I do say so myself... the thing is it's not sustainable...not liveable. The house was charming and historic but too small. It's still sad to think that one day it won't be ours at all but at the same time, I'm loving the new house and all it's possibilities. 

Tomorrow is Easter. I'm having it here and it will be the first time I've entertained for a holiday. Considering we've been married for 13 years, that's pretty funny to me. It should be fun but it's also sad because my mom won't be with us, she was excited about this house, helping me decorate, spending holidays here, etc. and now with her gone, there's a definite hole in all our lives, to put it frankly, it sucks. I don't think that will ever go away but like I tell The Son, at least we can remember the times we had with her and she'll always be with us in our hearts. 

No comments: