Sunday, October 25, 2009

Bakugan Brawlers Unite!

On Sunday, I asked you if you knew what this is?


No one answered me although I know my Chrissy 'Cuz knows and probably any one else who reads this blog who has a boy around The Son's age. This special little ball of coolness is a Bakugan. A "Ventus Tenticlear" to be exact. This one is one of my favorites. When you place the ball on the card that has a metal core, it springs open to reveal this guy.


Bakugan is a Japanese anime adveture series that has pretty much taken over The Son's every thought, he's become obsessed. Here's a plot synopsis of the show, according to Wikipedia:

In a dimension of Vestroia, a Bakugan called Naga decides to absorb the energy of the two cores that keep the dimensions in place. He absorbed too much of a negative energy found in the Silent Core. The Infinity Core, the positive energy core, has been absorbed with Naga's sister, Wavern.

The story centers on group of friends who find metallic cards which have fallen from the sky. They name themselves the Bakugan Battle Brawlers and consist of seven children: Dan, Shun, Runo, Marucho, Julie, Alice, and later Joe. Together they learn more about the origin of Bakugan, the game involving them, and battle against Hal-G and Naga.

Yeah. I don't really get it either but the important thing is that The Son sure does. It's a very involved show with levels and each color means something specific, it's hard for me to understand. The Husband calls the show, "a half an hour commercial for the toys" and I'd venture to say, he's right. It's also a game. A game, a commercial, a toy... all of the above! ha ha! I've compared it to Pokemon, if you're at all familiar with that but The Son says, it's nothing like Pokemon... whatever kid, to me, it's similar. ;)

The Son has lots of the toys and spends lots of time playing with his Bakugan, drawing pictures of them, making them out of legos and k-nex, etc. Of course for Halloween he decided that he wanted to be "Dan" the leader of the Bakugan Brawlers, that post will come later this week because he sure looked cute for the Y's Halloween party last weekend. For now, I'll leave you with a few more pictures of these cool little toys, I do have to admit that they are like little marvels of toy engineering.

See, he's not lacking in the Bakugan department at. all.




Last but not least, this picture cracks me up. Here he is, Momma's little Bakugan Brawler complete with his dog and a face covered in Nutella from his English Muffin.

I do feel compelled to add that The Son does lots of other things besides sit around and watch Bakugan on TV and then play with the toys. He does do karate, swims and reads plenty of books, although HE may be obsessed with Bakugan, his Mommy and Daddy have figured out ways to set healthy limits and everyone is happy about it in this household... even his Ventus Tentaclear.

Have a great day everyone! (I can't figure out why my spacing is all off... when I go to edit it in the html code area, it still looks fine so it's going to have to stay like this... sorry!)

2 comments:

Chrissy Cuz said...

I know what they are. The eyeball one was Cherie's favorite too. I liked the dragon like one. I was teasing the son & calling it a unicorn. LOL!!! I also love the pic of the son & the dog. Too cute. :o)

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!