Monday, December 7, 2009

I think we have poltergeists or trolls, or leprechauns...

Or some other kind of creature that steals things.

On Black Friday, I was very organized, I went out early to a local shoe outlet to get some shoes and boots I wanted "needed" and then I went to the craft/fabric store because they were having an additional 20% off if you got there before noon. I did. I stocked up on supplies I needed for the fundraiser basket I made, a few stocking stuffers for The Son, fabric for the apron I am making myself and beads for some personalized necklaces I am supposed to be making for my Dad's cousin's daughters. I came home, showed The Husband what I got and then put everything away and went down to the basement to organize my craft room. I thought I took the beads with me but... now they are missing.

I know where everything else is that I purchased that day. I knew where I put it and when I went to look for it, it was there. The beads however are gone. Totally. Gone. I searched the house, I searched the trash (and by "I" I mean The Husband) I looked everywhere I could possibly think of. I did not find them.

I have come to the only conclusion possible, poltergeists, trolls (do they steal things?) or most likely leprechauns even though it's not March, they are known to take shiny, pretty things, right? I have given up on finding them and will probably have to repurchase everything I got, at which point, the offending leprechaun will return them to the basement craft area right where I left them.

This just goes to prove my theory that things should never be organized OR put away. Had I not tried to put stuff away that day, which is so NOT in my nature, they'd still be in the bag on the kitchen table or on my island where I left them. Why do I never learn?

3 comments:

Nina said...

ha...funny last bit...too true.

Darlene said...

HAHAHA I know exactly what you mean!!!

Chrissy Cuz said...

Still no luck finding them. I wonder if the Elf on the Shelf hid them. He is pretty sneaky. LOL!