Wednesday, December 23, 2009

More fun with gingerbread...




It's been a busy week so I haven't posted much and by much I mean, at all. I wanted to take a minute this morning before I start my busy Christmas Eve Day to post a few pictures of our large gingerbread house. This one was especially fun to make too. Click here if you didn't see my teeny tiny Gingerbread house and you want to take a look at it. The Son was gingerbreaded out at this point so The Husband and I got to decorate this one all by ourselves. I actually baked this gingerbread from a mix, rolled it out and used a pattern that I downloaded to cut out the pieces. It's a very basic pattern, next year I might go for a slightly fancier house.

Here we are working hard, we used Frosted Shredded Wheat cereal for our roof.

Various views of our house. We kind of went for a Tudor style, the tree you see off to the back is from one of those kits, The Son and the Step-MIL worked on this together, it's cute as an addition to the house scene but I was surprised that it it came out looking smaller than I imagined judging by the picture on the box.

This sledding guy is one of my favorite parts, isn't he cute?


I bought these little gingerbread men cookies to use as decoration, we decided to taste them which was a big mistake. They're surprisingly good and 35 calories a piece, I've only eaten two but I'm pretty sure that will change as the holiday progresses.


Merry Christmas! I hope you and yours enjoy the magic and wonder of the season.

No comments: