Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Traveling to Washington, DC

Did you realize we were gone? Probably not. I haven't been getting much in the way of comments recently although that I will say I am definitely more of a "quality vs. quantity" type gal and the comments I HAVE received have been just lovely, thank you all so much for your kind thoughts.

It's Spring Break for The Son so we decided to take a couple days away and head to Washington, DC. I didn't post about it before because I'm now paranoid to be specific about when we're going to be away because of recent robberies to people's homes that have been linked to Facebook. Of course, I still posted that I was a way on Facebook but I just tried not to be totally specific. I'd also like to think that my FB friends wouldn't rob me but I'm sure that's what the people who were robbed thought too.

I started the planning for this little trip on Priceline.com. I'd never used Priceline before but decided to do a "name your own price" deal and ended up with a room in DuPont Circle for $69 a night! SWEET! It was at the Marriott and it I was thrilled with what we got for the price, the room was small and The Son kept commenting on that but the child is used to full, two-bedroom suites at Disney with full kitchens because we're Disney Vacation Club Members so he has no concept. It was a nice, clean comfortable room with great Marriott service, I'd stay there again for sure, especially for $69 a night! I also recently used Priceline to get a great room in Philly for the night before the Broad St. Run, also at a Marriott (Residence Inn) also, for $69 a night which I'll be splitting with friends so, another great deal!

We had a really nice time, lots of tips and things I can tell you about but I am going to sign off for now and try to get a few things done around the house before we head out to the Y for working out/teaching swimming this evening. I indulged a bit too much while in DC and need to get myself on that treadmill ASAP!

Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Erin said...

I read....I just don't comment often, sorry Caren! I was thinking about doing Priceline for an upcoming vacation, I might have try it now!

Darlene said...

Hi Caren,

Sorry I haven't been by in a while. What a fun trip. I would love to visit Washington, DC. I also wanted to tell you I love your new profile picture....you look like a model!!!!

Anonymous said...

Trip to DC sounds good and I do like the Marriot. So proud of grandson and his progress in school. Great job on the weight.

Bev gus

Chrissy Cuz said...

Hi Caren Cuz. I'm excited for our night in Philly & our yummy dinner before our race. Is the training getting better? I know you will do great. Isn't exciting you are going to run 10 miles. Woo Hoo!!