Sunday, April 4, 2010

It's Easter!

Happy Easter everyone! I am hosting Easter dinner at my house this evening and I'm really looking forward to it. I am serving some yummy dishes, some our traditional items such as ham, cole slaw and deviled eggs and others some recipes from my favorite websites/magazines. We're having Lemon-Rosemary Roast Chicken with Potatoes, Broccoli Rabe and Wild Rice (instead of orzo) salad and for dessert... French Silk Pie! I got some fresh rolls from Trader Joe's yesterday and they look delicious! I decided to make the roast chicken in addition to a small ham because I have been trying to stay away from ham and other salty meats. I am excited to try a fresh, roast chicken since I usually just buy the pre-roasted ones at the grocery store. I'll let you know how everything turns out!

The Easter bunny was very generous to The Son, he brought him two baskets with a few yummy treats, a couple books and a couple toys, he was very happy. He has a cute Easter outfit, complete with tie and hat that HE picked out. Momma's little metrosexual! LOL!

Yesterday was a busy day, honestly, I cannot believe how much I got done... want a list?

I got up at 6:30, left the house at 7:45 to teach my nutrition classes at the Y, one class at 8:30 and one at 10:00. I finished up at the Y at about 11:30 and headed out to Sport's Authority to return a running skirt I bought online, unfortunately, they didn't have the skirt in their computer so it looks like I have to return it via mail. After Sport's Authority, I went to The Christmas Tree Shoppe to find a few more things for The Son's Easter basket and a few little odds and ends to decorate for me, after that, I went to TJ Maxx to look for some work out clothes, I ended up getting a couple clearance items. Next, I went to my favorite grocery store, Trader Joe's. Finally, I headed home where The Husband helped me unpack and I ate some much needed "lunch" it was 4:00 PM after all... oops, I hate to wait that long.

I finished "lunch" and then headed out to the Y to work out, I did my triceps, back and legs and then ran 3.5 miles on the treadmill. Following the Y, I had to head to the regular grocery store to buy the rest of my groceries for today's dinner. It took a while since I had a run in with hydrogenated fat in the cookies I needed to make the crust for my French Silk Pie. I think I won the battle though, I'll let you know for sure after I make my pie. I finally made it home around 8:30 and again, The Husband helped me unpack everything. I got a shower and showered up The Son and got him ready for bed. The Husband made me a delicious dinner of Bison Burgers, baked chips and broccoli while I got my cookies ready for the pie crust. At that point, I felt as if my limit had been reached and as I looked back over all that had been done, I didn't wonder why! Phew... what a day!

Today there is lots more to do so I must sign off for the time being. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter and enjoy spending time with family and friends.... I know I will! Stay healthy!

3 comments:

Running Jen said...

Happy Easter! Your menu sounds great, can I come over?!! You sure did have a busy day yesterday, it's tiring just reading about it!

I'm jealous that you got to go to Trader Joe's, oh, how I miss that store. Were you able to find cookies without hydrogenated oil for your pie crust? I made a key lime pie last night, and I had a lot of trouble finding cookies without it, as I was in the regular grocery store, so annoying. Had I gone to Whole Foods, it would have been easy, but the closest one is 30 minutes away, and I just didn't have time. So, I'm curious what you used!

Enjoy your day!

Darlene said...

Hi Caren,

Hope you are having a fabulous Easter with your family. Your menu sounds delicious!♥

Chrissy Cuz said...

Happy Easter!! The menu sounds delish!! Can't wait to hear how it came out.