Tuesday, May 11, 2010

'Twas the Night Before Broad Street... a recap part 1


It's about time... I know, I just haven't been motivated to post and I was waiting for the Broad St. Run pictures to be posted and they finally have been. I can't post my individual picture but I will be ordering it and I'll scan it so that I can eventually post it, let me tell you, I look SO pretty in it. NOT! LOL!

So, onto to the Race Recap...

My friends and I checked into our hotel on the afternoon before the race and headed right to the Expo to pick up our packets and bib numbers. The photo above is of the three of us waiting for the "shuttle bus" to arrive. It was a hot day and I was looking forward to sitting down and relaxing on the bus, that is until I saw a yellow school bus pull around the corner. I looked at my cousin and said, "This is not looking good." Sure enough, the school bus was in fact, the shuttle bus that was going to take us to the stadium where the expo was being held. It was hot but not as bad as I thought it would be once the bus got moving.

We got our packets, picked up our free t-shirts which are pretty cute, and then browsed through the vendors. I have to say, I was disappointed with the shirts they had available for purchase because although the shirt was kind of cute, it was emblazoned with "Modell's Sports" logo on the back. It was like a giant red and white bumper sticker and was not at all attractive. Now, if this was on the free shirt, I'd have no problem with that, but for $20 I don't want ugly advertisements on my shirt. Sorry Modell's but I'm not paying $20 to be free advertising for you. I would have certainly bought it otherwise because it was a pretty nice moisture wicking shirt... maybe if the ad was a little more subtle?

Anyway, we headed back and took a few shots of Center City Philadelphia, especially Broad Street. I was in awe that I would be running down it the following day!

We went to the Municipal building where they have lots of giant Game Pieces that we posed with. Here's Chrissy Cuz on the top hat from Monopoly and me with a "Sorry" piece. Cherie posed with a mini-Philly Phanatic instead of a game piece.



Here's a cool shot of City Hall, I met a cute guy here back in 1992...

and no... I don't mean William Penn.

We soon got back to the hotel to organize our things and get ready to go out to dinner with an old friend. I'll tell you more about that in my next post...

2 comments:

Chrissy Cuz said...

That was so much fun. I'm excited for next year. You were able to find a good pic. from the race. We are like specs in the crowd. I was going to try and scan one, but I'm not sure I will buy it

Anonymous said...

Oh fun!! You all look great..the yellow school bus was a cute addition :D

I'm curious about the dinner now???

oh and it there ever a great running/race shot? I believe they try for the worst ;) Are they really expensive there? Here they are redonculous! (yes I know that is a spelling error :p )