Friday, December 5, 2008

Some Christmas Questions...

So, I realize I haven't blogged in a few days. I've been busy People! Busy with decorating, busy with The Son and busy preparing for a visit from my favorite cousin Chrissy. (I only have two cousins and Chrissy being my favorite certainly doesn't belittle my feelings for her sister Jennifer, it's just that Chrissy and I are very close in age...but she's still older) Anyway, we have a busy weekend prepared. It should be great fun. My house is close to being finished and it's looking really pretty. I'll be posting pictures next week.

I'm not really sure what blog etiquette is on the following but I was reading some blogs that I like this morning and came across this Christmas Meme. I haven't been tagged but I wanted to be so I decided to copy it and tag some of my own people. This is from "Sandy" at Shell in Your Pocket. She's got a really fun blog that I'm going to add to my blog roll because I keep forgetting to check her out. Let me say, she's got music on her blog which we all know I dislike BUT I'm going to let that slide because I enjoy her blog THAT much.

So, here's the questions and my answers...


1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate definitely, Egg nog is gross!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just leave them under the tree? Santa wraps most of the presents but once in a while might leave a really good one out and set up, like a special train set or an item that can immediately be played with. This year they'll probably all be wrapped though.

3.Colored lights on house/tree or white? I prefer white on the house but I have two trees and one has colored and white and one just has white.

4.Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, every year and then we all act silly as we stand under it begging for kisses. The Son is getting a really big kick out of it this year.

5. When do you put up your decorations up? During the first week in December...it takes me a while to get it all finished.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? I like it all... unfortunately...

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? The year The Sister and I got our play kitchen. I was probably around 5 or so and she's three years younger... you do the math. It was such a 70s style, golden yellow metal (I think it was metal) with all the accouterments that go along with a 70s kitchen. We thought that thing was fabulous! Santa had it all set up for us to play with when we came down the stairs in the morning. I don't even remember what else we got that year.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember exactly, I know I believed for a LONG time. I think I started to realize it when I noticed that Mommy's handwriting looked an awful lot like Santa's in those letters he left us each year.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Yes, my husband and I usually exchange our gifts although I'm not sure we'll be exchanging this year... we do have two mortgages after all. I also let The Son open new Christmas Jammies every year. We always did that as kids and it's a tradition I really enjoyed.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We have two trees, one that's the "cute" tree with colored lights and the more rustic or Hallmarky ornaments and one that's the "fancy" tree with all white lights and glass/crystal, "fancier" ornaments. I have enough ornaments that I could actually fill a third tree and just might do that next year...

11. Snow. Love it or dread it? I'm looking forward to it this year in The Country but it looses it's luster after we get too much of it. That hasn't been a problem as of late since last year we had one snow storm.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes, I'm no Michelle Kwan but I even took lessons for a little while a few years ago. It was fun.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Definitely that kitchen set I mentioned above and my "My Friend Mandy" doll. My Mom made her a gorgeous wardrobe of clothes and I LOVED that doll for years and years and years.

14. What is the most important thing about the holidays to you? Spending time with family and watching the joy of the season reflected in The Son's face.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? I make a mean apple pie but I do love me some chocolate too!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I don't think I really have a favorite, I love it all. The Son is just now understanding the whole concept of Santa and the holiday so I might have a new favorite in a couple of years.

17. What tops your Christmas Tree? An angel on the fancy tree and a big gold star on the cute tree.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Giving, especially to The Son.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? "Oh Holy Night" for serious Christmas songs and "Blue Christmas" for the fun ones.

20. Candy Canes. Yum or Yuck? I love the way they look but I do not like mint! So that's "yuck" for me.

21. What do you want for Christmas? Nothing really, I just want everyone to enjoy themselves.

22. Do you attend an annual Christmas party? Nope.

23. Do you dress up for Christmas Eve or wear PJ's? No dressing up for us on Christmas Eve but we do dress up a little bit for Christmas.

24. Do you own a Santa hat? No, no Santa hat for me.

25. Who do you normally spend Christmas with? In the morning we go for a little brunch get together with my dad's aunt and his side of the family. In the past we had Christmas dinner at my Mom and Dad's house but since my mom passed away last year, we'll be having Christmas dinner at my house this year. I'm looking forward to it.

Here are the rules:

1. Post the rules on your blog.

2. Fill out the questions; Tag 5-7 people at the end of your post; Pass on the tag!

I tag.....
My friend Roshell at Always Smiling
The Sister at It's Just the Little Things (even though she hasn't blogged in a month)
My friend Buffy at Buffy's Bitchin' Blog
My Bloggy friend Darlene at Darlene's Days
My friend Michelle at Heart of a Runner, Body of a Mother (isn't that the best blog title?) and...
My friend Erin at Running to Stand Still

I look forward to seeing all your answers girls! Happy Holidays!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello, Caren!! This Jennifer from Mo-ville. Nice blog!!! Ok, you really do have a lot of Christmas decorations!!! Your mom certainly did have a collection! It must be really nice to have them in your beautiful home now. By the way, love the new house!!!

Darlene said...

Hi Caren,

That was a fun Christmas tag...I'll get to it in the next few days.

Always Smiling said...

Thanks for tagging me. This looks fun and I am getting ready to answer the questiong and post to my blog.

morewineplease said...

this just got me so excited... the Diva is getting a Kitchen from Santa~~