Thursday, December 11, 2008

Why did the chickens cross the road?

To make The Husband late for work!


The Husband took this picture with his iphone on his way to work yesterday... told you we were in the country now! Lately he's been seeing one or two as he drives on this road. The road, incidentally is called Guernsey Road which in and of itself is "country." On Tuesday he saw this whole flock, gaggle, group (?) of chickens and had to snap this picture. This was definitely not something we saw in The City very often. Or ever, although there was that one time we saw a Chicken at the vet... her owner was feeding her Tastykakes, butterscotch krimpets if I remember correctly. Weird stuff.

Anyway, one last riddle for you, The Son loves this one:

Why did the chicken cross the playground?

To get to the other slide!

Have a great day everyone and stay tuned for some holiday posts...I just have a lot to do today so I thought I'd just give you a little quickie, that's OK once in a while, right?

6 comments:

Darlene said...

We had a whole flock, gaggle, whatever of turkeys the other day in our driveway....I was hiding taking pictures till all of a sudden they heard me and took off. I need to post about that!

Yeah quickies are fine...lol

Liz Harrell said...

Wow. Wild chickens. :)

Running Jen said...

LOL - I just saw those butterscotch tastycakes today for the first time! We have a sandwich shop here in town that is themed to Philadelphia, and they carry lots of products from that area. I was in there today and noticed those ones, and realized I had never seen them before, I was used to the cupcakes, etc.

Multislacking Mama said...

How do we know they are wild? What did I miss? I love the Chicken joke. I'll have to Chandler!

Lemme know if you want to hear about the cowboy beans :o)

Holly

Caren said...

I don't think we do know they are wild, they probably live on a nearby farm but we're not really sure because The Husband says he can't see a farm where he's driving.

Either way, it's funny to see them on the side of the road.

Anonymous said...

Hi Caren, it's Caren! Nice to meet you - love the chickens!