Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bummer...

I hate to have to write this but someone already won the Ironman Triathlon competition at our Y. Last year, it took the winner 2.5 weeks and I heard she was there more than once a day. This year, it took 3 days? Seriously? I worked SO hard for three days and still only managed to do the 2.4 miles of swimming, 8.5 miles of running and 32 miles of biking. There is no way I could have physically finished in three days, even if I did have the time. I'm a little bitter because I really hate to lose but also because I didn't know all of the rules going into it, apparently, you were able to bike or run at home and in my opinion, that's not fair. I'm sure that the girl (at least it was a girl ;) ) who won was honest because you'd have to be a really crappy person if you weren't. I'm happy for her, I'm just bummed for me. I look forward to finding out if she did any of it at home. I know I'd feel a lot worse if it was a man. LOL!

The only positive side to someone else winning is that now, I don't have to be so stressed out because I was seriously stressed out about it. I am starting a new group for my weight manaegment classes this afternoon at a local shoe store/comapny (yay! Shoes!) and I have another group this evening that started a couple weeks ago. I was going to work out in between which would mean that I would have to get ready for work and shower twice today and now I won't have to do that. Honestly, it's a relief. I have some fun things brewing for this weekend that I cannot tell you about until after they happen and I can now concentrate on those things. They are forecasting LOTS of snow for us this weekend so I might get to have Saturday off and if someone hadn't won the competition, I'd be in the gym all day trying to win myself, so now, I don't have to worry about that, again, a relief.

I imagine I'll try to complete the competition but at this point, I'm not going to stress about it, I can get back to my regular weight lifting and cardio routines instead of just these triathlon activities. I'll get over it. Someday.

Well, I must go fix myself up and find an outfit that looks cute with my boots manufactured by the shoe company at which I'll be running a group. I will have to make sure they know my size, you know, just in case they need any testers or anything. You never know, it could happen...

Happy Thursday everyone!

6 comments:

Darlene said...

Those rules don't really sound fair. Seems like it would all need to be done (so it could be monitored) at the Y. Oh, well I think you should just finish it anyway as a goal for yourself.

Lots of SNOW huh?....have fun in it.♥

Running Jen said...

Oh! I didn't know that people were allowed to do some of it at home. I don't like that, I think making them do it all in the gym would have been better.

Have a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you didn't win. I would be royally bummed as well. But look at the bright side, you burned more calories than you normally would have, right? And the fact that you're physically able to do that type of streneous exercise counts for something!

I'm proud of you! =)

morewineplease said...

Dang! I just knew you were going to win it!!! Let us know what you find it!

Chrissy Cuz said...

I don't think it is fair if you can do some of it at home. Good job on all that you did. :o)

Unknown said...

3 days?! Sheesh. How is that possible?! Well good for you for competing! Even when I was in amazing running shape, I couldn't swim more than 6 laps in the pool without wanting to die. Ha.

We are all still proud of you!