Monday, January 12, 2009

Rock ON! Let the countdown begin...

It's hard for me to believe, but this Friday is The Son's fifth birthday! It seems like such a milestone to me. I cannot believe it's gone by this quickly and I am so proud of the young man he is becoming. He's smart, sweet, independent and friendly. He's definitely his own person which is usually a good thing. I just love him and love being his Momma, so much.

So, he's decided that he wants his birthday party to be a "Rock Star" theme. He would have preferred a Pokemon theme but I'm sorry, this Momma can only take SO much Pokemon. It's probably safe to say Rock Star is his second choice, as soon as I mentioned that we could dress up like Rock stars...he was hooked. My kid loves the opportunity to wear a costume. (can't imagine where he got that ;) ) He's going to wear jeans and a t-shirt with a flannel shirt with cut off sleeves over it, he's got a red bandanna for his head and some cute pins to go on his shirt. We plan on tattooing up his arms so he'll look a little something like this:


This was the picture we used for his invitations. I will have to take a picture of the invites...they came out really cute! This will be The Son's first official birthday party! He's had plenty of celebrations of course, for his first and third birthdays we went to Disney World and for his other birthdays we had parties at my mom and dad's house but this year he'll be having a party at his own house with lots of his friends. Needless to say, he's pretty excited. I have lots of planning, creating and organizing to do this week so I'll be busy but I'll also have lots to post about. Tomorrow I'll tell you what the schedule of games and activities for the party is going to be. Have a great day!

2 comments:

ChrissyCuz said...

Love the picture. I can't wait for the party. Do I need a rocker costume too? LOL.

Unknown said...

Mandy suggests some Ozzy to play at the birthday party to help with the "rocker theme". Maybe Crazy Train?!
Happy Birthday Alden.

We love you!
Aunt Delphine, Uncle Gregg & Mandy

PS: Love the body art!!