10 of my Absolute Worst Pet Peeves...
(in no particular order)
1. I hate bad grammar and misspellings, especially on blogs. You know the ones, the people who cannot spell correctly. Ever. Or those who use words incorrectly. All. the. time. Too, to, two, they're, there, their,
2. I can't stand music on blogs. Chances are, if I visit your blog and you have music, I will stop reading and never come back. I just like peace and quiet when I'm on the computer and the music really irritates me.
3. I hate when people touch my computer screen with their finger. The smudge that it leaves makes me crazy!
4. I hate it when The Husband has control of the remote control when we are watching TV together at night. I need to be able to control the volume AND he is unable to work the DVR in the most efficient and proper way which of course would be MY way, the right way.
5. It makes me crazy to be near someone who smells like cigarette smoke but even worse is when a child smells like cigarette smoke. There's a little girl who I watch in the morning and she REEKS, it's so disturbing and upsetting to think that a poor little first grade girl may as well be smoking a few cigs herself before she gets to school in the morning. Horrible.
6. Speaking of children...I hate it when kids have dirty faces and/or snotty noses. I know kids can't be perfectly clean all the time but it's not that difficult to keep a face clean or a nose wiped. It's especially infuriating when you see these kids with a mom or other caretaker who looks perfectly dressed and the kid is running around like a hot mess. Not cute, not cute at all.
7. I hate when people cannot be patient, especially when in a store or restaurant and they usually end up being mean or rude to the employee who was probably already flustered in the first place and therefore ends up taking even longer with what he/she was trying to do. The huffing and puffing and indignant noises is infuriating. It's even worse when they turn around to the people behind them and try to get them to be impatient too. I usually just smile and say, "it's OK, I'm a very patient person."
8. On the other hand...I hate it when employees aren't friendly or at least pleasant and when they act as if me shopping in "their" store or eating in "their" restaurant is a major inconvenience. If you act like you're having a shitty day people, you probably will!
9. I hate parents who think their child can do no wrong and blame everything on the teacher. You know this is usually when the kid is the biggest PITA in the entire class.
10. I hate yelling from room to room, The Son is notorious for this. He yells for me in various rooms and expects me to carry on a full-on conversation. Our house is big and half the time I can't even hear the child!
So there you go, I know I could think of lots more but it just feels good to write all these down. I look forward to reading more homework assignments today and hope mine won't be marked down because it's turned in really late.