Monday, February 16, 2009

Better late than never...

I know Valentine's Day is over but I still wanted to post my pictures of my decorations and the super cute Valentines The Son and I made for his class. (Next year, please remind me to rethink the handmade thing;) )

Here's my mantle in all it's hearty glory! I didn't want to buy much this year so I just spent a few dollars at the dollar store and used other things I already had. I hope to add to my Valentine collection next year.



I made this little sign with my Cricut and some scrap paper. The frame is from the dollar store. I love it! ha ha get it, LOVE it! (Sometimes I just crack myself up.)

My foyer table...never mind the papers and other stuff sitting on it. I didn't realize it was there when I took this...(is that a screwdriver?)

I also covered the lids of these boxes, they were green for Christmas but I never used them anyway. The paper I used is not adhered as nicely as I'd like so I'll probably peel it off and use some spray paint and acrylic paint to decorate for next year. I like to change things up.

Here are the valentines that we decided to make. They were supposed to look like heart-shaped lollipops. The Son did all the stickers and he also decorated the envelopes.




He made these two especially for his teachers. Notice the layered heart stickers, he worked really hard on that.

And, lest you think I cut all those hearts out by hand, I'll let you in on my little secret...The Cricut. Sure, it still took forever but not quite as forever as it would have by hand. LOVE the Cricut.


Lastly, I decorated some hand sanitizer bottles for his teachers. I got the idea from Chris at "Just a Girl" hers are really cute. She used mostly stickers, I used paper because I didn't have appropriate stickers. (Notice I didn't say, "I didn't have stickers" I have stickers...boy to I have stickers...they're just not the right kind for THIS project.) Anyway, I thought they came out kind of cute and all teachers can use hand sanitizer, right?




So, that's the end of my very long, late, Valentine post. As most of you are relaxing and enjoying your President's Day off. I am at an all day training for the child care program that I work for in the mornings, after that, I teach swimming from 4-6. The Husband and The Son are probably having loads of fun without me. Oh well, usually it's me having fun with The Son, he deserves to be home with him for a change while I work and make the big bucks. ha ha ha ha ha! Well, a few extra bucks, they're certainly not big!

Have a great President's Day everyone!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

love the Valentine decorations and Valentines! The Cricut is the best. I have been missing him. :(

Have a good day!

Darlene said...

I LOVE all your Valentine decorations. They are GREAT! The handmade Valentine's turned out so CUTE! I'm sure the teachers loved their presents.♥

Samantha said...

Those valentines are so cute!! I love them!!!

morewineplease said...

I am so impressed! You are so creative. Those Valentines are just adorable!

Chrissy Cuz said...

I love your decorations and the Valentine's for the kids and teachers. What great ideas. :o)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful decorations for the Valentine's day. Those jars really come in handy. Forgot to mention that I also wantch TBL and agree that the women get shortchanged with what they wear. I haven't seen it for the last 2 weeks but will watch it on one of the life styles channels here.

Jackie said...

Your valentine decorations are so cute. I love the lollipop valentines and the sanitizer bottles.