Thursday, February 26, 2009

Writer's Workshop...

It's Thursday and time again for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop. It's only taken me ALL day to get this "assignment" finished and even then, I had to call The Husband to get him to help me a little bit. I'd also like to say that I would never use the word "Xanadu" in a poem unless forced to use the letter "X" but I AM proud of myself for not using "X-ray" or eXact! Here's the assignment:

Write a 26-line poem using all the letters of the alphabet, where the first line starts with the letter "A," the second "B," the third "C," etc., culminating with the final line starting with "Z."


And, here's my poem: (be kind, I tried to follow the rules as much as possible)

The ABC's of The Son
Adorable five-year-old who's the love of my life.

Bouncing off the walls, your days are full of fun.
Curiosity abounds, you want to know it all.
Darling boy, you never fail to make us laugh.
Energy seems to radiate off of you.
Family and friends keep you busy as you
Grow up right before our eyes.
Hugging you and kissing you make me smile,
I never realized how much love my heart could hold.
Jumping and gyrating,
Karate kicking,
Laughing and loving,
Momma's little man.
Never stopping, you play, play, play,
Oh my! You are a busy kid.
Puppy dog tails and snips and snails--they say that's what you're made of.
Questing daily for adventures galore you can turn...
Rocks into fossils and insects into pets.
Sometimes I just can't believe you're ours.
Thankful on daily basis
Unconditional love...
Verdantly abounds.
We cherish our family time as our own personal
Xanadu.
You bring us joy, love and a
Zest for life beyond compare.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

awww, I love it. I am tearing up here. (hormonal pregnant lady that I am !!!)

Good work!

MyLinda said...

That is a great poem! Certainly one to keep...to put in his scrapbook or even hang on his wall.

Anonymous said...

I hope you save that forever. What a treasured gift of love you've just written.

Liz {Learning To Juggle} said...

What a beautiful treasure you have written - truly captures the spirit of a little boy!! [is there anything like being a mom to boys!!!]

Chrissy Cuz said...

I love your poem. It is so beautiful. ♥♥♥

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

You need to publish this!! Beautiful

Nina said...

aww its very sweet, i hope you save a copy for your son.