Last week, I ran the "Kitchen Chemistry" camp at our Y and was SO busy but this week, I had this lovely plan that I would get all of my blog post for the week finished this morning and schedule them to go up each day at 6 AM. I LOVE when I do that, it makes me feel so productive but instead I...
- Took The Son to his first half day of "Dinosaur Week" of camp.
- Watched the Executive Director of our Y tell some idiot that he couldn't smoke a cigarette out in front of the Y after he heard The Son comment that he smelled smoke. It was a little bit thrilling I must admit.
- Got gas in my car.
- Came home and did dishes
- Checked my facebook and played a round of "Typing Maniac."
- Marinated a london broil in Balsamic Cherry Marinade from my Eating Well cookbook for The Husband to grill for dinner tonight.
- Marinated some chicken in this marinade (SO DARN GOOD! don't be afraid of the "liquid smoke") for us to grill tonight and eat for lunch this week.
- Uploaded pictures
- lamented that it was already 11:30 and I have to pack lunches and my swim stuff in order to work tonight and that it's already time to leave to pick The Son up from camp.
So, there you have it, none of my posts for the week are done. I should tell you that I lost another 2.2 pounds last week and my grand total is 55.8! I am loving it! I should have done a Living Healthy post regarding it but you'll have to count those recipe links as this week's Living Healthy post and let me just say that that chicken marinade is FANTASTIC! I especially love it grilled and served cold for lunch. If you like smoky flavored things, you'll like it too, plus, it's easy and healthy!
I have been mentioning that we made The Husband a special Father's Day gift and I'll post those pictures for you, just to get it out of the way. A few weeks before Father's Day, The Son and I went to one of those paint your own pottery places. He made this for his Daddy:
And I made this for myself:Each piece was $20 which included everything from start to finish. It was a little more than I anticipated but we were there for three hours so all in all, it was worth it. The Husband loved his gift and I'll most likely be going there again for difficult to buy for men/grandfathers in our life. (Disregard that past statement if you're MY Dad...)
I hope you all had a great holiday weekend, I'll be back tomorrow with another post and I'll try to get back around to visiting all my blogs that I've missed because of camp. Life is busy but good!
August 19th: Saturday Sharefest
1 day ago