Monday, July 13, 2009

Kickin' it at Karaoke!

I know, I know, no one says, "Kickin' it" any more... did they ever? I had to use that title because it was equally as cheesy as karaoke is. I don't care though, we had fun!

My cousin Chrissy and her friend Cherie are visiting from Connecticut. They seem to think that traveling to semi-rural Pennsylvania is "vacation" and since I love when they come visit, I won't burst their bubble... ;)

We headed out to a neighboring town on Saturday night to hang out, have cocktails (cat-tails as The Son says) and sing karaoke. Here we are before heading out, Chrissy is the one in the aqua top... we're just a few months apart in age so I consider her the friend I've known the longest in my entire life. My parents have baby pictures of us in the swing together... so cute.


Here I am, singing like a big dork. I sang, "Chain of Fools," "I'll Always Love You" and "Orange Colored Sky." It was fun.

The three of us got up to sing the karaoke classic, "I Will Survive," we asked some guy that we met to take our picture, he was an interesting character.

We had lots of these...

Which led to lots of these...

Those are NOT our cigarettes, they belong to the guy that took our pictures for us... really... I'm a good girl.



We left the karaoke bar around 1:30 and headed down the street for one more drink. Chrissy was the designated driver and really didn't drink much at all. Just want to add that so you know that even though we had a great time, one of us was a responsible adult and that we would never drink and drive. We got home after 2 AM and Chrissy and I stayed up until 4:30 talking which was fun but I regretted it the next day because boy, was I tired... I guess it's true that I'm getting old!

The rest of the weekend was much more low key but equally as fun. It was great to get a girls night out! We did go to the gym and the pool on Sunday and hung out with more friends and family. Good times... Good times.

Enjoy your Monday everyone, I'm off to the Y for an evening of swim instruction.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

I think you should have been videoed singing your karaoke song! I bet you three had a fabulous time!!

Andrea said...

You look AMAZING! I had to look at the picture and try to figure out which one was you. I couldn't even recognize you. Go you!!! Isn't it great to see the reward from working so hard?!

morewineplease said...

Girl you are glowing! YOu look awesome. Love the hair!

Looks like a really fun night!

Chrissy Cuz said...

That was so much fun. I think the singing should have went past 1:00 am, we were just getting started. :o)