Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bye bye Summer!

It's official. Like really official, summer is gone. I'm so sad about it, I am definitely a Summer Gal. Spring is my second favorite season followed by Fall and then, the dreaded Winter. I would do great living in a place that was all summer, all the time. While others look forward to the turning leaves, long pants and cozy sweaters, I miss the hot sun, humidity and skimpy swimsuits. (Ok, my swimsuit isn't exactly skimpy, it's a "Mom Tankini" with a skirt but next year...)

We had a great summer, we went to the pool at the Y, a lot...


We had lots of fun and learned or taught at summer camp...

We worked out a lot and...

ran races with loved ones...


We spent time with family in the beautiful state of Maine...


And went from looking like this last summer...


to this...

this summer and while I know neither one is an ultra-flattering picture, I'm feeling so much better and can't wait to see what next summer brings.

Bye bye summer... we'll miss you!

5 comments:

Darlene said...

What fabulous pictures!!! I have to say you look FANTASTIC!!! You have worked so hard and it definitely shows!!!

Running Jen said...

You look great Caren, your hard work is soooooo paying off! I am glad you guys had a great summer. I am one of those people who misses the change of seasons, and I crave the end of summer, I long for Sept being the end of summer and beginning of fall. You sound like a gal who should live in a place like Florida, and how funny, here I am, a Floridian, who would much, much rather live in PA!!

Cathy said...

Wow what a difference!! You look fantastic and your hard work is paying off for sure!!

I am with Running Jen - I enjoy the change and by summer's end I am ready for the fall. I am ready to move on but still always a little sad to see the summer end!

Nikki said...

What a fabulous summer, I would want it to hang around all year too :D

I do love my snow :-X

Chrissy Cuz said...

I have to say I agree with you. I am a summer girl and would do much better in a summer weather year round place. Also WOW - what a difference from last summer to this summer. You look great!!! :o)