Sunday, September 20, 2009

Weekend Update

It's been a busy, busy weekend. It usually is. I managed to get a few things done that I have been wanting to accomplish for a while. Blogging however, was not one of them. I am feeling overwhelmed with everything that's going on in my life and unfortunately, the blog is suffering.

First off, I'd like to thank those who left me comments regarding my last post. It's such a big change in my life and having people in real life and in the blogosphere who support me makes it so much easier. I'm proud of myself and I probably get a little bit annoying with my constant thoughts about health, diet and exercise. It's the first time in my life though that I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that this is a forever change. I don't know why it took me nearly 40 years to get to this point though.

I had a pretty big victory this weekend... I ran a treadmill 5K in 32 minutes and 27 seconds! The fastest I had ever done it before was 34:30 so shaving off two minutes and three seconds is huge. I hope that I can continue to cut down my time and that that wasn't just a fluke. The Sister and I are running a brain cancer run in honor of our mother in early November and I want to do well.

I also got a big task accomplished this week. I listed all my plus size maternity clothing on e-bay and started listing all my "big girl" clothes. I already sold three dresses, one pair of pants and a lot of Lane Bryant items and have some nice bids going on a couple other things. The maternity stuff just got finalized today so I don't know what to expect that will bring in. I doubt that The Husband and I will have another child but if we did, I wouldn't be able to fit into any of that maternity stuff anyway so I thought... sell it! I will continue to list all my bigger clothes until they are gone. There as absolutely no reason to keep them and I have lots and lots and lots of clothes.

So this week will probably be as busy as the past few weeks have been. I stupidly agreed to teach an art class at the Y because the original teacher bailed and it's stressing me out because it's right after swimming lessons on Wednesdays. The Son was very tired last week and I really wish I hadn't agreed to do it. Ugh! I guess I have to stick it out for the rest of the session though.

Well, on that note, I'm off to google some art lessons that I can do with my students. Enjoy your Monday and I'll try to get back to the blog at least a couple times this week.

3 comments:

Chrissy Cuz said...

Good job on your 5k time. I am so proud of you. I can't wait for the race. I need to get myself signed up. :o)

Darlene said...

Great job on your race!!! Keep it up! Selling your clothes on ebay will definitely get you some extra money! Now you are going to teach an art class???? Girl, you gotta slow down and take a bit of time for yourself!!!!

morewineplease said...

I am so so happy for you! I feel like i have been on this journey with you, its happened so fast!
LOVE IT FOR YOU!