Tuesday, September 9, 2008

My heart is breaking.

In a little over an hour, we're taking Iago, our 13 year old Miniature Pinscher to the vet to have him put to sleep. Iago was diagnosed with lung cancer in March and there was really nothing they could do to help him. He's done really great until just about last week when he rapidly declined. I feel grateful that we had a few more good months with him and that he's a relatively older dog anyway. It's just so hard and I know how much I'll miss my sweet boy. 

MIL is visiting so she can stay with The Son while The Husband and I take Iago so today is really the best day to do it I think. We're having a miserable cloudy thunderstormy day too so it all kind of just fits. 

I'll post some pictures of him and a little obituary later. You're going to have to wait another day for those mushrooms. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have to go through this, been there done that and it is hard regardless, but I guess we get our comfort knowing that our beloved pet will not suffer any longer.

Cheri