Monday, June 15, 2009

Sleep.

Can I just tell you how much I need my sleep? We had a friend over last night for a couple cocktails (cat-tails as The Son calls it) and I ended up staying up until 1:30. I didn't drink a lot and our friend was gone around 11:00 but I just couldn't sleep.

I had to get up to go to my morning job (2 more days!) and I was nervous because I knew that my usual coworker wouldn't be there this morning, she started summer camp and I was afraid that if I overslept, no one would be there for the early birds. Stress about over-sleeping = no sleep. Ugh! Tomorrow I'm setting my cell phone too.

Consequently, I can't organize my thoughts on any clever or witty posts, I don't want to work out and I can't seem to get my summer camp plans OR swim report cards together. I have swim lessons tonight and those report cards are complete but I still have to do Wednesday's report cards. I am skipping my Jillian Michaels' 30-day Shred today and just running at the Y. I know I'll feel better once I get going... I just need to get going...

I hope you're all having a better day than I am. Happy stinkin' Monday. Blah.

Here's a picture of me and The Son at his Mother's Day Tea back in the beginning of May. This way I'll leave you with a smile and some cuteness (his, not mine) instead of being so grumpy.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

It's good to know that I'm not the only "stress about over-sleeping = no sleep"-ing person out there. I'm sorry you had that going last night though. I hope your day gets better!!

Chrissy Cuz said...

I love the picture. ♥
I can't wait until the end of June when we can have Cat-Tails together. LMAO, I just love that. :o)

Cathy said...

I hear ya! I need my sleep too. I have been up since 4:30 a.m. with a particular someone. ;) Talk about blah!
I got a short nap and now I am sipping some coffee.

sleep.....I need sleep....