Saturday, October 25, 2008

I'm participating in a race...

next Sunday! Yes, me, a race, it's just a 5K. I'm not really planning on running it and fortunately, now that The Sister is pregnant, she won't be running either. We'll be walking in the Brain Tumor Society's Race for Hope in honor and memory of our beloved mother Joyce who passed away almost a year ago after a very brief battle with brain cancer. Our goal is to raise $1,000 and we're almost there but of course, we would love to surpass that goal. If you're able to give at all, please click to see my personal page and donate to a wonderful cause. Thank you for helping in the fight against brain cancer.

I guess I'd better get to the gym a few times this week, huh?


Our Mommy

6 comments:

Darlene said...

It's JUST a 5K....WHEW I am exhausted just thinking about that!!! The walk will be long enough....I am tired after about 1 to 2 miles. What a fabulous cause that you will be walking for. Great goal and I am so glad you are almost to it!

Kim Hayworth said...

Hello, I just ran across your blog and I am a runner of mostley 5k's I also run for cancer events... My best friend was just diagnosed with Breast Cancer in September so I see many more race's in my future... I love your blog... Your homes are beautiful.

morewineplease said...

GOOD FOR YOU~! What a great thing to do to honor your precious mother. You will love it~

Michelle said...

What a great cause, Caren!!

Some of the races I have run have been for causes, although on a smaller scale. Like the Turkey Trot 5K I did last year was held to raise funds for a young boy here who has cancer.

You'll do great! :-)

Darlene said...

Hi Caren,

Stop back by my blog when you get a chance....you have been BOO-ed!♥

Running Jen said...

Good luck! What a wonderful way to honor your mother, I think it's great.