Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tonight I transform...

into City Momma! Actually, I should say City Girl because I won't really even have to be a Momma tonight. I am heading back into The City to hang out with one of my bestest girlfriends (Joanie) there. I will also get to see my old house, it's construction progress and if it's worthy, I'll take pictures to post on The Blog. 

We're planning on heading out somewhere very trendy and cosmopolitan for dinner where we'll proceed to act trendy and drink copious amounts of cosmopolitans. (or Stoli gimlets which I much prefer to cosmos.) We'll live it up for a few hours, possibly attracting the eye of several eligible gentlemen who will be heartbroken and shocked to learn that I am a 38 year old married mother of one. I hate to break their hearts in this way but at least Joanie is single, I can be her "wing girl". We'll stay out late realizing as we walk home, that Joanie's handbag is bulging with the phone numbers of all the eligible men we met and that we didn't have to pay for a single drink all night. That's how it used to be when I lived in The City. Really... why don't you believe me? 

ha ha ha ha ha ha! Who am I kidding? It probably won't go down exactly like that but I do know that we'll have fun, lots of good girl talk and a few precious hours of forgetting the I am usually "The Momma" and a chance to just be myself. I'll try to take pictures if we're not having too much fun!

Enjoy your weekend my friends. 




5 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, I hope you have a blast!! It is always so much fun just to hang with girlfriends and not be "MOM" for the night!!!

Chris said...

I can't believe I missed your Halloween deocorations! They are sooo great! I LOVE the skeleton in the bell jar! You did an awesome job! P.S. I can't get over how big your dog is getting! Woah!

Darlene said...

Hi Caren,

I am bbaacckk...anyway stop on by my blog to pick up an award and guess what I also tagged you....hehehe

Marie said...

Ooooooooooh! Have FUN! How Carrie Bradshaw of you! :o)

morewineplease said...

Sounds like a fabulous time!! Enjoy!