Sunday, October 5, 2008

Tag! I'm it!

I want to start off today's post by thanking Darlene at Darlene's Days for giving me an awesome "I heart your blog" award AND by tagging me to do a 6 random facts about myself tag thing. I've never actually had an award and I've never been tagged. What fun and all in one day! 


So now I get  to give this award out to six bloggers for them to pass on as well. I have many blogs that I read but most of them have already received this award so I've searched through my blog roll to see those who haven't already gotten this award. If you already did get this, I apologize...just know that lots of people "heart" your blog. 

I'm giving it to:

and last but certainly lot least, my sister Cathleen at It's Just the Little Things 

I also figured I'd make it easy on myself and tag these people to answer the six random things about themselves tag as well. I'm so efficient, don't you think?

So, here's the six random things about me:

1. I have ichthyophobia which is defined as the fear of fish. I HATE fish. I cannot even go into the fish sales area of the pet store because to me, the gold fish are the worst out of all of them! I can go to a large aquarium because The Son loves fish but even then I have to really prepare myself for it, sometimes it's difficult for me to not freak out when I'm there but I usually do OK for him. 

2. When writing in a check book, I must write in all the same color, preferably blue. I would never be happy if I wrote one entry in black, one in blue and so on and so on. It. All. Must. Be. The. Same. If I don't have a blue pen and have to write a check, I'll make note of the entry on a scrap piece of paper and enter it in the check ledger later. The check itself can be written in any color, just not the entries in the ledger. 

3. I love to peel stickers and plastic off of stuff. I was in heaven when I got all my new appliances and got to peel off all that plastic. Once on vacation, we rented a house and they hadn't peeled the plastic off of the bathroom light fixture before it was installed (duh.) I climbed right up on the sink and peeled it all off myself. It was thrilling. 

4. My favorite food is macaroni and cheese. I like it all, from Kraft to gourmet truffled mac and cheese. Delish! When I was first pregnant, Kraft mac and cheese was one of the only things I could manage to eat. Do you think it's a coincidence that it's also one of The Son's favorite foods now too? 

5. I love to sing and have done lots of musical theatre. Right after The Husband and I were engaged, I even worked as a singing and dancing waitress on a river cruise ship "The Spirit of Philadelphia." It was a really fun job. The Husband worked there too, he didn't find it as much fun as I did. 

6. I hate soda. I never drink it. I don't really even like juice. Water is my usual beverage of choice excluding the "grown-up" beverage category of course. 

Thanks again Darlene! You made my day for sure. 

I look forward to seeing everyone else's six random facts! Have a great day everyone. 



8 comments:

Darlene said...

Oh, I knew you would have some fun random facts....that is absolutely hysterical about the checkbook entries. I better never show you mine!!! Red, purple, black, blue whatever color is handy goes in! I too LOVE mac-n-cheese in any form. As a matter of fact we just ate some Kraft mac-n-cheese with ham cut up in it...delish!!!!

Erin Leigh said...

Thanks chica, although I don't feel very blog worthy as of late.

Marie said...

Thank you for the award!!! And congrats on recieving it yourself. :o)

So...you don't EAT fish either? No tuna sandwiches? No shrimp on the barbie? No crab cakes? Though, technically I guess crab and shrimp aren't really fish. lol

Always Smiling said...

Thanks! I've never been given an award or been tagged. This should be fun.

I loved reading your facts.

skinnysweetpea said...

Hilarious random facts about you! I'm with you on the check ledger. Mine all has to be in pencil because I know I'll have to erase something.

Hope to see you soon!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the blog love!! I will do my six random facts later today. :-)

I also LOVE macaroni and cheese. When I was a kid, I would only eat Kraft mac and cheese. I would eat it every day. One day when I was 10 my mom said the only way I could keep having it was if I made it myself. So from that day on I made myself mac and cheese every day for a couple months. I eventually stopped eating it every day, but I still enjoy a good bowl (just had some last night for dinner). And now I'll eat other kinds of mac and cheese too, not just Kraft.

Anonymous said...

fish are freaky

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for sharing.
Through your blog, a lot of people including me of course have a chance to read and learn from.
I have read some of your post and I really enjoyed reading it.
Thanks again and looking forward for more of your posting soon!