Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mini...(very mini) vacation.

Hi All! The Son and I are heading south to the Delaware beaches today to meet up with my friend Lynn and her family who rented a house down there. We're staying overnight, I'm really looking forward to a little relaxation time on the beach. It would be nicer if The Husband could be there too but he has to work and we have three dogs to worry about, it will be bad enough that they'll have to be alone a lot for the next two days.  He might manage to join us on Friday which would be great but we'll see...

I'm responsible for dinner and I'm bringing my fabulous homemade macaroni and cheese. While I love me some mac n' cheese with Velveeta once in a while, I'm proud to say this mac n' cheese contains only REAL cheese. It's delicious if not very healthy, I only make it once in a while because it's a little time consuming but let's just say, it's worth every minute of work. Yum. I made it yesterday because it's always better the second day around. I'm also bringing hamburgers and hot dogs and all those other kind of picnicky things. I hope we can get some corn...even though it probably won't be Amish, you know how I feel about corn. I'll probably bake some brownies or something sweet like that too. Sounds good, huh? 

I have a post planned for tomorrow about the son's karate class and I'll be back with lots of pictures of us having a nice time on the beach. Enjoy yourselves everyone! 


5 comments:

Cathy said...

BEACH DAY!! To the Beach!!
Have fun!! Can't wait to see the pictures and hear about it!

Marie said...

Have a great time! We are having such ugly, wet weather a day at the beach sounds heavenly!!

morewineplease said...

Sounds awesome! Have fun

The Berry's Patch said...

That sounds like so much fun!!

Erin Leigh said...

Hope the weather is good down there!!!

I have to have that mac n'cheese someday.