Monday, January 4, 2010

The Blahs... I haz 'em

It's 2010... I know you all know that it's a new month, a new year, a new decade. I just can't seem to get with the program and embrace it however. I don't know why that is.

The Son did not go back to school today, he's been sick for the past couple days with an on and off fever, a little vomiting and just general crankiness. When he wasn't feeling well this morning, we decided to take him to the doctor and lo and behold... the child has an ear infection! The doctor was shocked because The Son acted as friendly and as cute as can be, he told us he's had no ear pain other than his ear feeling "a little weird" and he acted like such a Big Boy at the doctor's office. When she looked in his ear, she couldn't believe how badly infected it was, he's on antibiotics now and spent the last hour+ playing with play-doh.

So, I guess The Son not going back to school hasn't helped me feel like I should be getting back into the swing of things either. I'm trying... I really hate the new year, the holidays are over and we just have months and months of cold weather to look forward to, I need to snap out of it for sure.

My holiday decorations are still up. Still. Up. I haven't felt the motivation to begin taking them all down but I plan on doing it one of these days. Or weeks.

I've been feeling out of control with my eating and again, I don't know why that is. I haven't had my meeting for a couple weeks because my meeting day is Thursday and the past few Thursdays have been holidays. We're back again this Thursday and I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to get it back under control, I've been journaling off and on but I know that I need to focus, I did OK over the holidays but not as good as I would have liked to.

The Husband has been sick and he's coming home early so that I can go to the Y for a work out and a swim instructor meeting, I know the working out will help me feel a little bit better. I hope that The Son will make it to school tomorrow and perhaps that will get me heading in the right direction. I have a couple "resolutions" I want to tell you about but I'm not really feeling that right now either. I'll try to snap out of it because I hate feeling like this.

Hope you're all doing better than I am with this new year and that your Monday was OK.

4 comments:

Cathy said...

sorry you are feeling down. I am feeling it too. I was grumpy all day yesterday and both girls have been crazy sick too. :( I think I may be taking Julia to the ped. tomorrow. I am thinking maybe an ear infection for her too....she has that glassy eyed look for three days now. You know the one I am talking about!!

Anyway, glad you are getting to the gym. I will not be able to get there the next 3 days. Totally stinks. Matt has a bunch of stuff going on. So you are not the only one.
Try to cheer up...sorry I didn't help any. :) We will chat soon.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Oh honey...if it makes you feel better I've been whimpering my way through 2010 so far. And it ain't pretty. I need to snap out of it!!

Everyone being sick can't help your Mojo much, so things will look up real soon for you. It's just a speed bump.

And...I learned as a kid that you don't even *think* about putting away the decorations until Little Christmas (Jan. 6). Which means I clearly come from a long line of procrastinators. ;-)

Running Jen said...

I have the blahs too! I always do after the holidays. It's funny though, living in FL, I try to cherish this time of year weather-wise, because I can't stand it here from May through Sept, so I have the opposite thing going on with the weather. Just typical holiday letdown, sad it's over, etc. Plus, I didn't exactly eat well over the holidays, so...

But, try not to beat yourself up over the eating not being exactly what you wanted. As you know, this is a lifetime thing, and you're going to have ups and downs, it's hard to eat perfectly all the time. And, you're doing so good!

Chrissy Cuz said...

I'm feeling the same way too. I need to snap out of it. I was doing well on dieting except for the last 2 weeks. I need to get back on track.