Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Caution! May Cause Heart Palpitations...

Scrapbooking Girls gone Wild!...

Sort of. A facebook friend of mine says I should really call it Scrapbooking Girls gone Mild. She's probably right.

I issue a warning to my sister and others who may be obsessively organized. Read. No. Further. (or at least don't look at any of the photos!)

Did you miss me while I was gone? I have had a few "issues" during the past week and I was getting ready to go away on a Scrapbooking Retreat Weekend with my cousin. I will tell you a little more about the issues at a later date. Things weren't good and I had some pretty scary episodes but it all seems to be taken care of now.

As for the scrapbooking weekend. It turned out to be a really good time. My Cousin Chrissy came from Connecticut to go with me, usually The Sister is able to go, but this year she has The Baby Niece and her nursing needs to worry about so she wasn't able to come. We were bummed and missed her but after she sees the mess the two of us created, she may be relieved, turns out I've found out my Chrissy Cuz might be just as messy a scrapbooker as I am.

We got there late on Friday night after a trip to the craft store and dinner out at Bertucci's. We each had a salad, shared the individual Margherita Pizza and then shared chocolate mousse for dessert, it was delicious. When we got there, we settled in, arranged our supplies and I fielded questions about my 86+ pound weight loss. The last time I saw these ladies was last January so they were pretty surprised.

As the weekend went on we managed to complete some nice layouts. I think Chrissy Cuz got about 17 layouts done and I got 6 done. It's not a lot but I am a very intricate scrapbooker so it takes me a long time. I enjoy the process and quality and don't worry about how many I get finished. Chrissy's are really nice too. Some of the ladies who were there finished 60+ pages so that's a good comparison to see how "little" we actually completed. I bet ya we had just as much fun though. ;)

My tote is organized...

Our tables... not so much.


We worked hard...


And had lots of fun.

I am so thankful that my Chrissy Cuz was able to join me, we had a great time, ate lots of (not so healthy) Pennsylvania Dutch food and made memories in our scrapbooks and with each other. I can't wait until next year...

7 comments:

Cathy said...

cute! I love it. I can't wait until next year too :)
Actually the table mess doesn't look quite that bad!!
I really missed our sisterly bonding time together - I can't wait until next year AND to plan some sort of get-away when I wean this little babe!

Samantha said...

Congrats on the weight loss! I haven't stopped by here lately. It looks like you had a great time at the scrapbooking thing!

Andrea said...

It might cause heart palpitations for some, but it looks like heaven to me! I haven't been to a scrap in so long!

You look wonderful, by the way :)

Darlene said...

It looks like a FABULOUS fun time to me!! That would be such a fun getaway. You LOOK FABULOUS!!!!

Nikki said...

Awh, that must have felt great to show yourself off!!! Great fun always at a scrap weekend . I have been to one in yearssssss! Thanks for sharing

Chrissy Cuz said...

I think I looked just as messy as our scrapbook area. LOL! I am still trying to come back from the little sleep we got, but it was so much fun that it was worth it. :o)

Anonymous said...

nice, i just made lots of another emo backgrounds in my blog
http://www.emo-backgrounds.info