Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sunday Fun Day!

Well, not THAT fun of a day but so far I've been a little productive so that's always good. I got caught up on my oh, so important facebooking. Replying to messages, responding to others status updates and my general over-sharing that I am so apt to do. ;) I also planned out our dinner menu for the week and I am thrilled to say that it contains TWO brand new recipes! If I manage to follow through with what I've planned, I'll meet my monthly goal of trying the recipes and then I'll simply have to blog about them. I also tried to plan to use up food items that we already have because I don't know about you but we tend to go to the grocery store before really using up all the things we've already bought and that's a bad habit to be in in this "tough economy." I made up a shopping list for what I have to purchase and if all goes well, I shouldn't have to step foot in the grocery store more than once this week. I forgot to mention that that is also a resolution of mine, to make a list and stick to it and then USE UP what we bought.

So, do you want to know what we're having this week? Too bad, I'm going to tell you, I put the items in italic that we already had.

Sunday-
London Broil, roasted asparagus, potatoes, biscuits (this is all left over from last night)

Monday-
Shrimp Fra Diavolo (new recipe from Cooking Light) we already had the shrimp, salad, garlic bread flat

Tuesday-
same as Monday night, it's a recipe for 4 servings and The Son won't eat any.

Wednesday-
Trader Joe's Marinated Chicken, Broccoli, Cauliflower Rice (I'll have to tell you about this) and Wild Rice, also from TJ's

Thursday-
Blueberry Bison Burgers (new recipe from Eating Well cookbook, it sounds weird doesn't it?) we already had the bison, Baked chips and a veggie.

Friday-
Trader Joe's Ravioli, salad and garlic bread flat.

Saturday is The Son's sixth birthday and the MIL is coming from Maine, it's also Parent's Night Out at the Y and The Son is going to attend, he's thrilled because he'll be six which means he will be allowed to swim as a part of the PNO fun! I am guessing that The Husband, The MIL and I will all go out somewhere for dinner, THAT sounds pretty thrilling to me! ha ha! That's about as far ahead as I can think at this point.

We had some company visiting us this weekend, the youngest visitor will definitely be the subject of a blog post this week and trust me, the cuteness will be worth waiting for. I am heading to the gym today for a good run and a leg work out, I had some really ugly blisters on the arches of my feet from Friday and I bought some "advanced healing blister" Band-aids, some new socks with NO cotton in them and some Band-aid "Friction Block Stick." I'll give you a report as to if this all works because blisters SUCK! I hate being sidelined by a little thing on my foot that The Son says looks like a dried apricot. ha ha!

Enjoy your Sunday everyone! I am off to get ready for the YMCA!

2 comments:

Running Jen said...

Glad you're having a productive day! Your menu sounds great. I hate blisters too, I tend to get them when I'm running on old shoes, combined with longer distance on pavement. I bought body glide to stop chafing during longer runs, and found that the blisters stopped when I rubbed it on my feet too. I have since gotten new running shoes though.

Nikki said...

What is Trader Joes? sounds like a great place to get groceries!
Enjoy the new ones, they sound delicious :D