Friday, August 14, 2009

A late night quickie...

Blog post that is. (Get your mind out of the gutter people.)

This week was busy. Really busy. 20 (awesome) kids at Super Science Camp, swim lessons, training for tomorrow's 5K/2 miler, thinking about packing for our trip to Maine tomorrow. I say "thinking about" because nothing is actually packed as far as I am concerned. Oh yeah, and while doing all this, I'm still being a mom to The Son who thankfully has been a very good boy this week. But instead of packing right now like I should, I'm blogging. I need to give an update and do a...

Living Healthy with
CityMomma/CountryMomma

post...

Another good week as far as weight loss goes, I lost another 1.6 pounds! WOO HOO! I am down 63.8 pounds now! I went to TJ Maxx this evening and bought a new pair of jeans in a size 12! A TWELVE! It feels like about 12 years since I've been in a 12, so that's awesome. Admittedly, they're a teeny bit tight but they look pretty good and I'll get more wear out of them that way. The Husband gave me his honest opinion (he'd tell me if they weren't wearable yet... really...) and I also got a cute running skirt and top to wear for my race tomorrow morning. I wanted something that I wouldn't be too hot in because I think my regular work out clothes would be really warm if it's hot and humid which it has been lately. I'll ask The Husband to take some pictures and show you later.

So Ziggy, one of my dogs and I are racing. The first 5K is just for humans and then there is a 2 mile race following that. I doubt that Zig and I will run the 2 miler but I think it will be fun just to do it. Cute concept at least... all the proceeds from the race are going to some animal shelter thing. (I'm really knowledgeable, huh?)

Well, I must be off to pack for our Maine trip, at least to get my clothes and The Son's clothes in suitcases. The Husband packed a bunch of food from Costco so that we can eat healthy on the way up, not to mention save money. We're going to try to leave right after dropping the dogs off at their "resort" which will be right after the race.

I'll try to check in before we really hit the road hoping that I'll have some race results to report. Have a great Saturday everyone!

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Size 12 WOO HOO!!! Congrats!

We will have to plan to get together after you get back. It has been way too long and I have a pair of really nice size 12 capris that you can have to finish up the summer!!

Can't wait to hear about the race!

Chrissy Cuz said...

Yay Caren Cuz. Size 12 that is awesome. I wish I had your motivation.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

That is awesome! And I just literally LOLd at your post that started with, "I just realized last night... I have ONE chin!"

:-)

It's amazing being "blog absent" for much of the summer, then coming over here to see pictures of you over the last month. You are changing before my very bloggy eyes! You look fantastic.