Monday, August 31, 2009

Too Cool for School...

Today was the big day, The Son had his first day of Kindergarten. I managed to upload the pictures in a timely fashion and here they are... (You're welcome, Grandparents.)

Here's a couple on the front step. He's a little squinty because it was very sunny. We had a beautiful day, low 70s and no humidity. The Son was able to wear long pants to school and told me that he felt like a "rock star" in his outfit. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he'd make an awfully preppy rock star, however...


As we were getting ready for school, he asked me if I would draw a heart on his palm so that he would have it with him all day. I thought it was the sweetest idea so of course I did it. He then became obsessed with showing "his heart" in every. single. photo. I had to keep telling him to put his hand down but of course had to make sure to take plenty of photos of the heart as well. He was so pleased with it.



Let's walk up to the bus stop...


Waiting and waiting...


and waiting...

He wanted me to take a picture of his favorite sneakers and of course had to sneak that hand with the heart on it in there again...


There's the bus! My heart started to pound...

I had to get in one last kiss.


A happy face, that makes me feel pretty good. He was eager to get on the bus.

sniff. sniff. Goodbye my sweet boy, see you soon.


YES! I followed the bus... so what? I had to know that he would arrive safely and get into the school building.


And, he did. Not that you can tell, but he was the first one off the bus and running into the school. I continued on and made it to the Y without too many tears on my part at all. Phew...


The Son ended up really enjoying his first day of Kindergarten and says that he has "the best teacher ever." I hope he continues to feel that way.

Enjoy your Tuesday everyone. We'll be enjoying ours here.

6 comments:

Chrissy Cuz said...

How sweet. I loved the heart idea. He looked handsome in his first day of school outfit. I am glad he enjoyed his first day. :o)

Cathy said...

adorable!!! I love the heart idea...kind of reminds me of "The Kissing Hand" book - have you read that one??
So glad he had a great first day!

Darlene said...

How CUTE!! I LOVE his first day of school outfit and the heart is just too sweet!! See, you were with him all day long after all.♥

Samantha said...

I'm so glad he liked it! I hope he keeps the same thinking on his teacher. :)

morewineplease said...

ok, the heart is the sweetest thing ever... and I am LOLing at you "stalker mommmy" following the bus... it really is sweet!
he is so handsome!

Melisa said...

Yes! The Kissing Hand book! You shoudl definitely get it now and read it with him. I bough this book for my "baby" boy many years ago and he started 5th grade this year..he didnt have me draw a heart and I didnt think to kiss his hand but he did insist I drive him to school the first day and not make him ride the bus...he's been back in school a 8 days now and hasn't ridden the bus yet! :)