Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mini Golf and a date with two of my favorite guys...

On one of our last night's in Maine, we took The Son miniature golfing. It was so much fun. It wasn't his first time at mini-golf but let's just say, it was the first time that was truly successful.

I picked a pink ball because I am always a girly-girl. The Son picked black because they didn't have red and The Husband wanted blue...


The Husband offers a little bit of assistance with the golf stroke. The Son did great even scoring a hole-in-one mid-way through the game. I happened to score a hole-in-one on the very first hole and was very pleased with myself. I don't know if I ever told you but I was a champion mini-golfer in college, bringing my sorority a Greek Week Win for mini-golf back in my day. Turns out, The Husband won anyway. Let's just say, I let him win... sure... that's it...



Where's the next hole people?


Note to self: Stop slouching in photos.

Always posing, he set himself up for this one. Cute. As. Ever.

Ok, Now onto my date with two of my favorite guys. What? You didn't actually think I meant The Husband and The Son did you? ;)


We didn't actually make it to the Scoop Shop in Kennebunkport that I wanted to make it to, so we went to the one in Ogunquit, ME instead. It was nice, the girl who served us was lovely and Ogunquit was beautiful as always. One of my favorite places in Maine for sure.

This is a horrible picture but I wanted to show you my regular cone of Peanut Butter Swirl. It was absolutely delicious. I can't even begin to imagine how many calories this cone contained but at least Ben and Jerry's ice cream is all natural, that means something, right? RIGHT? Anyway, it was very much enjoyed, a definite treat. A treat I'm making up for a week later but a treat nonetheless.


Ummm, yeah, The Son enjoyed his too. He had a dish of Fudge Brownie, this mess is made from him having a dish. Can you imagine if he had actually had a cone? The Husband enjoyed his usual, Mint Chocolate Chunk.


Fun times were had by all. I have to break up with my boyfriends again until next summer I'm afraid but I have a feeling they'll take me back again with open arms when I'm ready. Ben and Jerry are good like that. Tomorrow, I'll even tell you some other good things about Ben and Jerry and maybe even about my favorite shop in Ogunquit. Good times, good times...

3 comments:

Chrissy Cuz said...

You guys look like you are having fun. My first date with my husband was mini golf. I won of course. LOL! We use to do a rematch every year on that date for awhile. I am sad to say we haven't played in awhile. I will have to mention it to him. The ice cream looks so yummy. :o)

Cathy said...

YUM!! I love all of your flavor choices! Good ones!

Suburban Turmoil said...

How fun! My stepdaughters and husband and I used to mini-golf almost every weekend. We had so much fun. I'm looking forward to doing it again with my little ones when they're a bit older. :)