Monday, May 19, 2008

Amelia Island, FL - Part IV, The End!

I could probably do 25 more entries with the amount of pictures I took on this trip but let's just make this the last one so I can get on with posting things from my daily life, you're probably all sick of Amelia Island by now! Thanks for stopping by and thanks to those of you who left such nice comments. 

This was a local "hippie" bar and hang out, I don't know what it was called but we thought it looked cool. The Son loved the VW bus because as I'm sure many of you already figured out, it reminded him of  "Filmore" from "Cars". It was pretty neat! 
Having dinner at a place the concierge DID recommend, not nearly as good as the other place but I will admit that we're picky, coming from Our City that has LOTS of excellent places to eat. This place would have been considered OK in our neck of the woods but was evidently very popular in Fernandina Beach. 

The Son found some koi. Those of you who know me well know how much I just LOVE fish so this was really fun for me too! LMAO...ok, ok, I HATE fish, some might say I have a "fish phobia" (ichthyophobia would be the technical name for it) Knowing how much The Son loves fish though helps me get through moments like this though. Poor kid will NEVER have fish as pets though, that's going a bit too far! 

BLECH! 







1 comment:

Erin Leigh said...

I have no fish issues but actually got goosebumps for you, lol.