Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Amelia Island, FL - Part I

A couple weeks ago, we got back from a vacation/business trip to Amelia Island, FL. The Husband's job put us up at the Ritz Carlton which was lovely and not a place we would have stayed without it being paid for for at least part of the time. (three nights out of the five...not so bad). I got used to the "Ritz Carlton Way of Life" really quickly. Nothing was ever too much to request from the staff and everything you could request was answered by "My pleasure". It was really nice. I appreciated the excellent service and treated the employees nicely which was more than I could say for many of the guests there...that's another blog post though. I'll get to that one soon. We couldn't have asked for better weather, it was in the low 80s and the sun was very warm but the breeze off of the ocean was nice and cool. The pool water was the perfect temperature and The Son spent just about every moment he could IN the pool. Moments not spent in the pool were spent hunting for shark teeth on the beach, we found four during our stay and were all very excited about it.

I'll end this post with some pictures of our trip, looking at them makes me want to go back right now but it will be summer here soon enough and even though the pool at the Y doesn't look like the one at the Ritz Carlton, I'm sure I'll be happy to have it. I highly doubt the staff at the Y will bring me frozen grapes every day at 11:30 though...sigh...

Pool fun!:


Some views of the resort:
Part II coming soon...





No comments: