Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Memorial Day...

This is the one more thing I wanted to show you from our town's Memorial Day Parade. 

The Son's reaction was very funny, I thought he would like the dog but he was "freaked out" by it as he said and we got some interesting expressions from him. I really think he just didn't like the bulldog. He said he was "ugly". I explained that that is part of a bulldog's charm but he didn't agree. Personally I think they're pretty cute, albeit not the smartest breed of dog. 

Just so you're all clear, the dog is wearing a Marine's uniform. Is that disrespectful? I heard the man who owned the dog say that he personally was NOT a Marine but that the bulldog is the Marine's mascot. Still, I wonder, is it disrespectful? I really don't know much about the military but it seemed a little odd in my opinion. Any thoughts? It WAS pretty cute and created a big stir but I just don't know...




2 comments:

Erin Leigh said...

I kind of think it is. And you know how much I love my dog. He is cute though.

Shakirra said...

I don't think it's disrespectful..the Marines are all about their bulldog! I kind of agree with Caren and the boy; I think the bulldog is so ugly that it's cute.