Monday, July 28, 2008

And they're not even chocolate...

Damn you Pepperidge Farm, damn you! 

My friend Fabienne brought these to my house recently. Come to think of it, maybe SHE'S the one I should be damning.


I swear they are the BEST (store-bought) cookies EVER. I've always been partial to Double Chocolate Milanos and I still love them but these are so good I could eat the entire bag. I haven't but I could. Every time I go to the grocery store, I tell  myself that I'm not going to buy them and then I come home with them anyway. The bag says they contain "real fruit" but I still can't fool myself into thinking they're even remotely healthy. Also, there are only 12 in a bag unlike the other PF cookies that contain 15 in a bag. They're kind of a rip off to buy but they are so delish that I usually don't even mind. 

I thought I'd tell you about them because maybe you'll go to the store and buy them all so that there won't be any left for me, my hips will thank you. 

9 comments:

myska said...

Everyone needs a little indulgence now and then! Thanks for visiting my blog! The kitchen can be cleaned tomorrow!

Cathy said...

they don't really do it for me. I am not a raspberry person as you know! I know Daddy would love them! I bet I will see them in his kitchen this week.

Marie said...

I don't know... I'm a sucker for a Milano! :o) Oh! When I lived in VA there was a Pepperidge Cookie OUTLET! Those bag were like 50 cents or something insane.

Caren said...

OH NO! An outlet! I would have been three times my weight now and they'd have to cut a hole in the front of my house to get me out. Dangerous!

Liz Harrell said...

That first sentence made me laugh out loud. I can finish off a bag of these guys in on 30 minute Everybody Loves Raymond. :)

Erin Leigh said...

So happy they are fruit cause I hate fruit desserts. I am so good in the grocery store. It is at the bar where I am weak ;)

The Beauty Bargainista said...

I could not agree more! I love these little buggers...Im sure my hips aren't very happy at that! lol

morewineplease said...

I do the same with Ben & Jerry... always say "no I will not get them" then I walk home with 2 tubs~

Anonymous said...

Hi Caren! So I haven't seen you in how long? I read your blog and today bought a bag of these babies. Ripped the bag open the second I got home. Shoved one in my mouth - thankfully no one was looking. These will definitely go in the cupboard where I hide all my treats I DO NOT want to share! Hope you're well! xo