Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Scrapbooking is good for the soul.

I mentioned before that two of my girlfriends came over on Friday night for a Good Old-Fashioned Scrapbooking get together. We had a great time and will be making it a weekly (or bi-weekly) event. I made The Husband take a few pictures of us, it was just like having a professional photographer there. ;) 

Here we all are together. Fabienne is on the left, she's my friend from Paris, and my friend Lynn is on the right, she's the one who teaches French. They met each other at the Y because Lynn heard Fabienne's accent and then I met Fabienne through Lynn. We've become really good friends and have a lot in common. The Son and I are hanging out with them and their kids today as a matter of fact. I'm sure that will be another post soon. 

So Lynn always tells me that she's not that creative but she did a great job with two cards that she made with my stamps. I also know she had a great time because when she left, she said, "I feel so productive and so much better than when I got here." See... scrapbooking/stamping IS good for the soul! Here's her two projects: (Sorry they're a little blurry, I'm sure it has nothing to do with the wine I had) 


I realized that I don't have any pictures of Fabienne's work, she was working on a scrapbook of her son Matthew. He's now 5 and he and The Son get along great. Here's a nice picture of her working on her stuff though. 

I was finally able to complete a frame/memo board I purchased from Creative Memories. I bought it from one of my Creative Memories dealers (yes, I have more than one, kind of like my Amish Man) I wanted to be able to display my scrapbooking work and thought that it would be nice to change the pictures seasonally. It turned out to look really great. The Husband has to hang it for me but we haven't managed to get around to that yet. Maybe next weekend... 
so, here it is, it's magnetic and can be easily changed, I'm really happy with the way it came out but I also look forward to changing it. Fun! 


Lastly, here we all are, working on our stuff, it was really fun and I hope to do it again very soon. The Sister says she'll be coming one of these days too! I say, the more the merrier! Scrap it up ladies! Scrap it up! 




5 comments:

Cathy said...

SO much fun!! I am definitely planning on coming one of these days.
I love all of your projects!

Erin Leigh said...

It looks like a great time. Love the frame and love the idea of changing things seasonally.

Marie said...

I miss scrapping. And it's so much more fun to do with friends. I just can't get into it as much when I'm doing it alone. :o/ I am so backlogged now that I haven't printed any pictures in 3 years!

morewineplease said...

very cool stuff! Looks like such a good time too!

myska said...

Yes, it is indeed good for the soul. The preservation of our memories for the future is a valuable service to our children as well! And cropping with friends makes it so much more uplifting! Thanks for inviting me to your blog!