Saturday, July 5, 2008

I just realized...

that starting next week, I will be working full-time for two weeks straight! It will be the first time in four and a half years that I have worked full-time. I've had part-time jobs like working at Gymboree (the store, not the play place) and of course my swim instruction. This will be a full 40 hours of running an Aquatic Adventures summer camp for the YMCA. They asked me about a month ago when the previous person who was running it, dropped out. (I thought I blogged about it before but I guess I didn't because I can't find it when I look back, must have just been something I told "The Girls" on my message board about) The description for my camp says: "A wet and wild week of fun in July! Skilled YMCA instructors (that's me and the rest of the staff) guide your child through pool challenges, games and aquatic skills. Campers must be comfortable in the water and ready to swim every day. Not for beginning swimmers. Camp includes a trip to a [local water park.]" I didn't think of it as a job per se because I'm really looking forward to it and I plan on having fun. I already planned it and I have assistant counselors and lifeguards working with me so I don't think the "work" part will be all that difficult. I am sure I'll be tired at the end of the day though. Not that that's a bad thing. 

On Mondays and Wednesdays, I will have to work at the camp from 8:30 - 4:00 and then go to my "real" job of swim instructor from 4:00 - 7:00 fortunately, I have very easy dinners planned for those evenings. The Husband will help me too, he always does. 

The Son will be going to  pre-school summer camp, also at the Y. It's really one of the only reasons I agreed to do this job because we'll be in the same place, he'll be in a place I know he likes and a place that I trust. I am sure it will be an adjustment for us both though. I wouldn't be able to do it if it was much more than two weeks. I enjoy my "free" time and the time The Son and I get to spend together. 

So anyway, for the rest of the weekend, we're hanging out at home, running errands (gym, library, grocery, Amish Man) and dare I say working on some craft projects? My Dad is coming over for dinner this evening and I'm picking up corn from my friend, The Amish Man. I definitely get my love of corn from My Dad. He's a corn connoisseur. I hope my Amish Man's corn doesn't disappoint. OH! and I did get to make those blueberry muffins I mentioned in a previous post. I will buy more Amish blueberries today if he has them, the muffins were delish! 

We have a "cake and cocktails" birthday party to attend tomorrow in our neighborhood. Alden's little friend that we went to Dutch Wonderland with yesterday is turning 5. The aforementioned craft project will be making a card for the birthday boy. I'll post a picture of it for sure. 

I hope you are all enjoying your weekend. I know I am. 

1 comment:

Darlene said...

That would be so much fun!!! My daughter would love a camp like that....she is a fish!! I bet you will be exhausted at the end of each day.