Saturday, July 26, 2008

Shopping, haircuts and funny conversation.

We had a busy day today. Boy, I start a lot of posts out that way... The Son had karate at 10:00 and after that we stopped at a couple yard sales. All we ended up with is two giant dinosaur puzzles for $.50 each for The Son and a cute little $2 mirror (that will probably be spray painted) for me. We also stopped at our Amish Farm and picked up some veggies and two beautiful bouquets of flowers. We headed back home to drop off the flowers and headed out to the King of Prussia Mall for our haircuts. The KOP Mall is the largest "retail" Mall in the US. The Mall of America in MN is bigger over all but that's because it has an amusement park and all that kind of extraneous stuff in it. 

We all got our hair cut and I got mine colored.  We've been going to the same hair dresser, Lori, for over ten years. She's great. A weird thing happened to me today though, Lori put my color on my roots, let it set for 45 minutes, washed it out and realized that the whole back of my head "didn't take". We've never had that happen before. She had to reapply the color in that area. It looks good now though, it just took a little bit longer than usual. Both The Husband and The Son are now sporting nice, short, clean cut looks. I just love that on a guy whether it's a Big Guy or a little guy. 

We did a little shopping after that. The Husband stocked up on some clothes at JCPenney. I've never really loved that store but he always gets some nice casual "Man Stuff". He got some nice polos and casual basics for $5.99 and $8.99...can't beat that! I got another new swimsuit and a couple swim suit bottoms, a skirt and pair of swim shorts to go over my regular suits. I must cover up that region of my body you know! 

The Son was in his glory and ended up getting some Wall-E crocs. He really didn't need them but they are SO cute and I knew he'd love them so I had to surprise him with them. I'll post a picture of him with them soon. 

We went out to eat at Bennigan's (fancy huh? ) and then came home. The Son fell asleep on the way home so we were able to take him right up to bed and he'll get a nice, long sleep tonight. He needs it, I think he might be a little delirious and you'll think so too after reading a conversation we had recently. 

Son: Momma, you know that show I like, the one where they make the clothes?
Me: Project Runway?
Son: Yeah, Project Runway, you should be on that show. 
Me: Oh Honey, that would be cool but Momma doesn't sew as well as the people on that show. 
Son: (said with complete seriousness) No, no, no, you should be one of the models because you're 
bee-you-ti-ful. 
Me: Well, that's very sweet of you to say but you could cut Momma in half and half of me would still be bigger than most of the models on that show. 
Son: (laughing hysterically) Oh Momma! We can't cut you in half! 

So I got the biggest kick out of that one. I guess the kid must really love me to think I could be a model on that, or any show, for that matter. It really was sweet though and certainly made me feel good. 

Well, signing off for the time being. I hope you all had a great Saturday. Enjoy the rest of your weekend! 

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Awwww, what a sweet boy you have!

Marie said...

How sweet! I love my kids for thinking I am perfect. My daughter thinks I should open my own restaurant because she's been hoodwinked into thinking I can really cook! My son is 12 and is starting to wise up and realize the sun does not rise and set on me. ha ha ha Speaking of my son he needs a hair cut in the worst way... I've been putting it off for WEEKS. Imagine how shaggy he is right at this very second. It's not cute.

Always Smiling said...

He is such a sweetie! I love it when the kids pep me up like that.

morewineplease said...

OHHHH!! That is the sweetest boy on earth! May I borrow him, does he bring compliments with him?!

Shakirra said...

Caren, you are beautiful no matter what size you are. I mean it!

amy said...

That is such a sweet story! Love it.

Hey, did you see this? Bennigan's just closed all locations because the parent co went bankrupt: http://www.nbc5i.com/news/17024807/detail.html