Saturday, July 12, 2008

Deviled Eggs for Independence!

We have a party to go to this evening. It's a Bastille Day party at my friend Fabienne's house. She lives really close to us which is great. She asked everyone to bring a dish so I'm bringing along "Joyce's World-Famous Deviled Eggs" Joyce is my mom, I could call them Caren's eggs but since my mom is the one who taught me how to make them,  think technically they're hers. Either way, they're the best Deviled eggs you'll ever have and they're a secret recipe so no, I'm not sharing.  If you want to check out some great details regarding deviled eggs, click here. This is a website devoted to deviled eggs and also includes some recipes that sound good. (none of them are mine though, one is CLOSE but not quite) 

I'll be running to the grocery store to by the multitude of required ingredients for my eggs and then I'll come home to start making them which is a very lengthy process. (this is all humor intended for my Dad...Hi Daddy!) I know they will be gone minutes after we start eating so I don't even need to worry that the mayonnaise will be exposed to the heat. (That's not humor, it's true, they'll be devoured!) 

So, I'm off. First to make the eggs and then to storm the bastille. Stay tuned for pictures from the party, and of the eggs if you're lucky.

Au revoir, ont un grand jour tout le monde! Profitez de votre fête nationale. 
(Ummmm, yeah, I don't speak French, those are translated from google translator. I think it's what I wanted to say.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope the party was fun!! Did they LOVE the deviled eggs??

morewineplease said...

AWW!! That's a tease!

Anonymous said...

The link to deviled eggs did not work for me. I got 404 not found.